On July 30, 2020 in the Agency on Statistics under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan held a press conference with representatives of the media.
The press conference was attended by representatives of NIAT "Khovar", agencies "Sputnik Russia", "Avesto", "Asia Plus", "Interfax", television channels and radio stations "Jahonnamo", "Khovar", "Radioi Tochikiston", "Sadoi Dushanbe ”,“ Ozodi ”, the magazine and newspapers“ Jumkuriyat ”,“ Sadoi Mardum ”,“ Narodnaya Gazeta ”,“ Javononi Tochikiston ”,“ Minbari Khalq ”,“ Bochu Hiroch ”,“ Khalk Ovozi ”.
The press conference was opened by the Director of the Statistical Agency, Ms. Hasanzoda Gulnora, who presented the results of the activities of the statistics bodies for the first half of 2020 and further tasks for 2020.
During the discussion of this topic, the press conference was also attended by the Deputy Directors of the Agency, heads of sector departments and divisions of the central offices and the Main Computing Center of the Agency on Statistics.
In general, the journalists asked questions on the following topics:
- preparation of the Agency for Statistics for the upcoming population and housing census of the Republic of Tajikistan 2020;
- on the sources of funding for the population and housing census of the Republic of Tajikistan 2020;
- mortality of the population in the first half of the year, including from coronavirus;
- export of cement in the first half of 2020;
- reasons for the decrease of transportation;
- the number of idle enterprises;
- the number of citizens returning from abroad;
- information on mortality, fertility, marriages and divorces, etc.
The media representatives were satisfied with the answers to their questions.
Such events conducted with the participation of representatives of the media and users of statistical data will improve the transparency and quality of work in the preparation of statistical data.