On February 16, 2022, a press conference was held at the Agency on Statistics under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan with representatives of the media.
The press conference was attended by representatives of NIAT “Khovar”, agencies: “Sputnik Russia”, “Avesto”, “Ozodi”, television channels and radio stations: “Safina”, “MTK Mir”, “Jahonnamo”, “Khovar”, “Radio Tochikiston”, “Sadoi Dushanbe”, “Ovozi Tojik”, magazines and newspapers: “Jumhuriyat”, “Sadoi Mardum”, “Narodnaya Gazeta”, “Javononi Tojikiston”, “Minbari Khalq”, “Bochu Khiroch”, “Khalk Ovozi” , “Ilm va hayot”, “Radiotoj” website.
Prior to the start of the press conference, journalists were provided with press releases on the socio-economic situation of the Republic of Tajikistan (in Tajik and Russian) and on the activities of the state statistics bodies of the Republic of Tajikistan in 2021.
The press conference was opened by the Director of the Agency on Statistics Hasanzoda Gulnora Kenja, who presented the results of the activities of the statistical bodies for 2021.
Then the Director of the Agency, Deputy Directors of the Agency, heads of sectoral departments and departments of the central office of the Agency on Statistics answered the journalists' questions.
The main questions of journalists were on the following topics:
- official statistics of citizens of Afghanistan in the Republic of Tajikistan;
- humanitarian aid to the Republic of Tajikistan;
- results of the population and housing census in the field of housing stock;
- divorces of families, mortality of the population, especially mothers and children;
- export of agricultural products; - change in prices for various goods during the year;
- the number of persons older than one hundred years;
- the main issues of citizens' appeal to the Agency;
- the state of crime and the number of offenders in Tajikistan;
- accounting and number of entertainment centers, etc.
Media representatives were satisfied with the answers to their questions.