REPUBLIC OF TAJIKISTAN
Project Preparation of the "Modernizing of the National Statistical System in the Republic of Tajikistan"
Agency on Statistics under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Hiring a local company / organization to conduct an assessment of the HR system of the Agency for Statistics
Location: Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan
Duration: June 2021 to August 2021,
Client: Agency on Statistics under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan
In response to the request of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan for financial assistance, the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development ("World Bank"), as the administrator of grant funds within the framework of the multi-donor trust fund for the development of institutional capacity in the Europe and Central Asia region (ECAPDEV), provided grant funds for preparatory work for a proposed project to modernize the national statistical system in Tajikistan in the amount of US $ 350,000.
In order to ensure the quality implementation of the planned activities for the preparation of the project, the Agency on Statistics under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan will hire a local company/organization to evaluate the HR system for the project "Modernization of the national statistical system in the Republic of Tajikistan".
- The main objectives of the assignment
The local company/organization will conduct an assessment of the HR system of the Agency for Statistics under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan with a view to efficient and effective implementation of Sub-component 1.1 of the project “Modernizing of the national statistical system in the Republic of Tajikistan” in the future.
- Description of responsibilities
In its activities, the local company undertakes to perform the following works, but not be limited to them:
- Study and prepare analytical material on the current situation, including:
- Strengths and weaknesses of the personnel management system in the Agency at the central, regional and local levels, including issues such as retention of personnel, selection of personnel, development and advanced training of personnel, working conditions;
- Organizational and functional analysis of the personnel of the Agency and its structural bodies;
- Analysis of the personnel motivation and development system, both at the central and local level, including issues of remuneration.
- Study and prepare analytical material on the current situation of other producers of official statistics (or those involved in the formation of official statistics) on human resources management (departments, departments and sectors for statistics)
- National Bank
- Ministry of Finance
- Ministry of Education and Science
- Tax Committee
- Committee for Environmental Protection, including Tajiglavhydromet
- Ministry of Energy and Water Resources (TajikNIIGiM)
- Ministry of Health and Social Protection
- Ministry of Justice (UAGS)
- Forestry Agency
- Preparation of substantiated proposals to improve the efficiency of personnel management of the NSS (National Statistical System):
- Ways to improve the qualifications of NSS personnel;
- Recommendations for staff training in basic modern methodologies and techniques, in particular those that are prioritized according to the NSDS indicators;
- Recommendations for training personnel on the use (management) of databases, the use of various software for statistics (SPSS, Stata, R, Demetra), network management.
- Recommendations for strengthening and raising the level of knowledge of sectoral workers of the central office and local statistical authorities;
- Recommendations for updating the personnel policy to recruit highly qualified specialists and create a favorable environment for professional growth and improvement of skills
- Recommendations for improvement and control of discipline and especially safety
- Recommendations for holding competitions for filling vacancies and attestations in order to strengthen anti-corruption actions and prevent administrative offenses.
The main expected results from the implementation of this ToR are;
- Providing an in-depth and comprehensive analysis of the institutional, organizational and technical potential of the Agency's personnel and its structural units, including in the field, in order to produce official statistics and comply with international standards and recommendations.
- Evaluation and recommendations on the legal and institutional framework for the recruitment and development of personnel of the national statistical system, consistent with the organizational structure and functioning of TAJSTAT, the ability of personnel at all levels to efficiently and effectively collect primary data and registers, as well as relevant statistical data with international and European standards.
- The local company is required to submit:
- Detailed work plan and timesheet.
- Analytical material on the current situation.
- Substantiated proposals to improve the efficiency of personnel management.
- Final report on the progress of the assignment.
- Selection criteria and requirements for a local company
Applications from interested companies/organizations will be evaluated based on the following selection criteria:
- Experience in conducting similar studies and assessments in Tajikistan (35%);
- Relevant experience in preparing written analytical reports, presenting substantiated results of similar assessments of personnel and defending their recommendations for improving the situation (25%);
- Knowledge of the fundamental principles of official statistics, the European Statistics Code, international methodology and classifications in statistics. Experience in conducting statistical research is encouraged. (15 %)
- Experience and qualifications of all team members of the company (25%).
- In addition, when evaluating a company according to the above criteria, the following will be taken into account:
(a) Legal status recognized by the Republic of Tajikistan and fallowing the company to perform the above tasks in accordance with national legislation;
(b) Experience with applied qualitative assessment and research methods, especially in-depth interviews;
(c) Strong capacities and experience in planning and organizing the logistics of conducting the assessment, as well as a proven track record of achieving timely results;
(d) Relevant experience in preparing written reports and presentations on the results of the assessment;
(e) Demonstrated experience in statistics.
- Payment schedule and reporting
The contract will consist of four (4) one-time payments, in particular:
- The first tranche of 10% of the total contract amount will be paid after the submission of a detailed work plan and timesheet approved by the Agency on Statistics under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan (June 30, 2021).
- The second tranche of 40% of the total contract amount will be paid after the provision and approval by the Agency of analytical material on the current situation (July 25, 2021);
- The third tranche 40% of the total cost of the contract will be paid after the submission and approval of the Agency of substantiated proposals to improve the efficiency of personnel management (05 August 2021)
- The fourth tranche of 10% of the total contract amount will be paid after the final report is submitted and agreed by the Agency (August 25, 2021).
- Reporting requirements:
The local company will be reporting to the Director of the Agency for Statistics under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan.
The local company will carry out its daily work under the operational control of the Project Coordinator.