REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
MODERNIZING THE NATIONAL STATISTICAL SYSTEM PROJECT
Consulting services: Selection of Financial Management Specialist
- Project Background
In response to a request for financial assistance from the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan, the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (“World Bank”), as an administrator of grant funds under the Multi-Donor Trust Fund for Organizational Capacity Development in the Europe and Central Asia Region (ECAPDEV) provided a Grant TF0B4665 for the preparatory work for the proposed Project on the modernization of the national statistical system in Tajikistan in amount of US$350,000.The Grant will be implemented by Statistical Agency under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan. To support the Statistical Agency in ensuring a transparent, cost-effective, efficient and profitable procurement process and ensure proper financial management the Agency intends to hire Financial Management Specialist.
2. Main objectives of the assignment
The Financial Management Specialist will provide support to the AS in conducting financial activities in accordance with the provisions of the Grant Agreement.
- higher education in the field of accounting, economics, finance or in other similar fields;
- At least 5 year of experience in reporting/financial management in accordance with international standards and requirements of international financial institutions, experience in projects financed by the World Bank;
- Solid practical and theoretical knowledge of accounting /bookkeeping and control and regulation of monetary transactions
- Knowledge of Tajik accounting and tax legislation;
- Knowledge and experience with accounting software 1-C in accordance with international financial reporting standards;
- Knowledge of international standards in the field of accounting and reporting
- Fluency in Russian, English Tajik languages;
- Computer literacy;
- Ability to work in a team and communicate well with other people
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 and revised in 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A consultant will be selected an accordance with the selection of Individual Consultants (IC) methods set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Expression of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 16:00 on May 28, 2021.
Mrs. Gulnora Hasanzoda
Director of the Agency on Statistics under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan,
Bokhtar Street, 17, Dushanbe
11th floor, office 1106,
Tel: + 992 37 221-72-08