REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
MODERNIZING THE NATIONAL STATISTICAL SYSTEM PROJECT
Consulting services: Selection of Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
- Project Background
In response to a request for financial assistance from the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan, the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (“World Bank”), as an administrator of grant funds under the Multi-Donor Trust Fund for Organizational Capacity Development in the Europe and Central Asia Region (ECAPDEV) provided a Grant TF0B4665 for the preparatory work for the proposed Project on the modernization of the national statistical system in Tajikistan in amount of US$350,000.The Grant will be implemented by Statistical Agency under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan. To support the Statistical Agency in implementation monitoring and evaluation framework, the Agency intends to hire M&E Specialist.
2. Main objectives of the assignment
The M&E Specialist will provide support to the AS in conducting monitoring activities under the project.
- Higher education in social sciences or related area (at least Bachelor degree);
- At least 3 years of working experience in a similar position of monitoring and evaluation projects financed by IFIs, preferably experience in projects financed by the World Bank;
- Experience in collecting, analyzing, monitoring and reporting results;
- Good knowledge of project management methods, organization of implementation and project monitoring;
- Skills in assessing costs, timing, risks and methods of preventing / eliminating risks;
- Knowledge of Tajik, Russian and English
- Experienced (advanced) PC user
- Ability for analytical work and reporting;
- Sociability, friendliness, ability to work with personnel
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 and revised in 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A consultant will be selected an accordance with the selection of Individual Consultants (IC) methods set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Expression of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 16:00 on May 28, 2021.
Mrs. Gulnora Hasanzoda
Director of the Agency on Statistics under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan,
Bokhtar Street, 17, Dushanbe
11th floor, office 1106,
Tel: + 992 37 221-72-08