REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
MODERNIZING THE NATIONAL STATISTICAL SYSTEM PROJECT
Consulting services: Selection of Project Coordinator
- Project Background
In response to a request for financial assistance from the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan, the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (“World Bank”), as an administrator of grant funds under the Multi-Donor Trust Fund for Organizational Capacity Development in the Europe and Central Asia Region (ECAPDEV) provideda Grant TF0B4665 for the preparatory work for the proposed Project on the modernization of the national statistical system in Tajikistan in amount of US$350,000.The Grant will be implemented by Statistical Agency under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan. To support the Statistical Agency in implementation day-to-day coordination of project related activitiesthe Agency intendsto hire a Project Coordinator.
- Main objectives of the assignment
The Project Coordinator will provide support to the AS in(i) day-to-day coordination of activities related to the implementation of the project; (ii) interaction with ministries and departments involved in project implementation, (iii) monitoring and evaluating the progress of the project; and (iv) providing support to the AS management in project related matters.
- Higher education in the field of economics, statistics, public administration management or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position of coordinating or managing development projects funded by the World Bank, IFIs or other donors
- Knowledge of World Bank procedures is a significant plus
- Understanding the priorities and key issues of the statistical system (National Strategy Development of Tajikistan up to 2030) etc.
- Quality written reports (in English, Russian and Tajik languages)
- Good analytical and computer skills
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 and revised in 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A consultant will be selected an accordance with the selection of Individual Consultants (IC) methods set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Expression of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 16:00 on May 28, 2021.
Mrs. Gulnora Hasanzoda
Director of the Agency on Statistics under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan,
Bokhtar Street, 17, Dushanbe
11th floor, office 1106,
Tel: + 992 37 223 02 45